1) Visit our website, www.usc.es 2) Click the link “Centros”, the
sencond tab above.
3) Find the Faculty you are going to study in.
Keep in mind that Lugo and Santiago are two different cities, do not get confused by choosing the Faculty.
You may change the language of the website, but in
Spanish language (or in Galician language) the
information is more complete.
4) Example: In this case we will enter on the
Faculty of Law and click on "Web propia"
5) Example: Once you are on the website of the Faculty, you have to click on “Estudos”
and choose the Degree you are going to study, in this example, “Grao en Dereito”
6) Select the academic year: Make sure it is the right one. If next academic year is not published yet (they are usually published in June), you can check the previous year as a reference, most of the timetables will be similar (but not the exam dates)
The faculty may have uploaded
some file with the complete
timetable by subjects
7) Scroll down and click on the academic course. You will find all the classes grouped by course. Click on the name of the course to go to the timetable. Pay attention to the period, note that 1SG is the first semester, 2 SG is the second semester and ANG is an annual subject.
Pincha en el nombre del curso para ir al desglose del horario. Fíjate en
8) Here you have the information, the professors and the timetable of the subject.
Click on “Horarios” (Timetable).
The “Horas de Titorías” (Tutorial Hours) are hours to clarify doubts directly with the
professors, they are not classes.
Groups are usually divided according to the first letter of your last name. In case the group you are in is not
convenient for you due to your schedule, you can ask, once you are here, for a change to another group from those available, which will be granted by the Dean of the Faculty, whenever possible.
You will have to attend a group of “Clase Expositiva”
(Lecture) and a group of “Clase Interactiva Seminario”
9) If you click on the name of the group you will go to the timetable website.
In the lower part you have the program of the subject, with the explanation of the contents and the form of evaluation.
Some Universities ask for the
programs of the subjects you
are going to study, give them
this information and the
website as a reference. The
USC does not certify programs
since there are officially
published on the website.
If you click on “Horario detallado” you can see the dates when you’ll have the classes in that day of the week.
Beside the name of the professor, you
can see the language of the course. In
this case is in Spanish language
This is the detailed schedule for one of the days of the week, so you will see which day the classes start and when they finish. You’ll need to check the others days of the week also
Let’s see other example with the Faculty of Pharmacy
When you enter on the website of the Faculty, you will also see the address
and the location in a map: you have to click on “A Facultade” and after that
Then, you have to go to “Estudos” and click on “Grao de Farmacia”
Scroll down and you will find the syllabus, click the course
and then in the name of the subject
Pay attention to the semester!!
Then, click on
To know which group you are in, you will have to wait until classes start, because the division of the group depends on the number of students enrolled. In this case the CLE group is only one, the first day of class you can ask which Laboratory and Seminar you are in, and in case you need it, you can ask for a change of group.
In these science classes you will find three types of classes to attend:
- Clase Expositiva (Lectures) (CLE)
- Clase Interactiva Laboratorio (Laboratory) (CLIL)
- Clase Interactiva Seminario (Seminar).
With few exceptions, there are usually no labs in non- science classes.
Here, you can see the description of the
classes, how the evaluation will be, etc.
Pinchando en el grupo verás los días que hay clase para ese grupo y las
fechas de examen de primera y segunda oportunidad. Si pinchas en horario detallado verás cada día que