HIGH SCORE 1º ESO REVISION
HIGH SCORE 1º ESO REVISION
HIGH SCORE 1º ESO REVISION
HIGH SCORE 1º ESO REVISION
1.HAVE GOT. Complete the questions and short answers with the correct form of have got.
1. ________ Tom ________ a TV?
2. ________ Tom and Sue ________ a bicycle?
3. ________ Sue and James ________ a cat?
4. ________ Tom ________ a cat?
2.What can you do in the classroom? Write sentence using CAN or CAN’T.
Use the computer
Listen to music
Talk on the phone
Write a letter
3.PRESENT SIMPLE. Choose the correct form.
1. I never wear / wears socks in the summer.
2. Jenny go / goes to the gym every day.
3. Dan and Jane don’t / doesn’t like my new books.
4. My friend study / studies drama at university.
5. He don’t / doesn’t watch a lot of TV.
6. We live / lives in New York.
7. You never send / sends me emails!
4.PRESENT CONTINUOUS. Complete the sentences. 1. They (buy) _________________ new clothes for
2. She (not wear) _________________ her tracksuit
3. You (not listen) _________________ to me!
4. We (have) _________________ dinner in a
Japanese restaurant tonight.
5. He (tidy) ________________ his bedroom at the
6. I (not leave) _________________ until tomorrow.
5.Complete with PRESENT SIMPLE or CONTINUOUS.
My brother and I usually (go) __________ to a disco on
Saturdays, but this weekend we (stay) __________ at
home. Our cousin (visit) ______________ us from Canada
at the moment and he (not like) ______________ dance
music. It’s OK because I (play) ________________ football
on Sunday morning and I (not want) ________________
to be tired.
6.Complete the questions and short answers with the PRESENT SIMPLE or PRESENT CONTINUOUS.
1. (they/play) Do they play sport? Yes, they do.
2. (she/come) Is she coming to the party tomorrow? No, she isn’t.
3. (you/wear) _____________ your new shirt tonight?
4. (she/get up) _______________ early at weekends?
5. (you/know) ___________ the answer to this question?
6. (they/walk) __________________ to school today?
7. (he/meet) ____________________ us later?
7.Complete the sentences with the PAST SIMPLE. 1. We (not go) __________ shopping yesterday
2. She (put) __________ the letter in the envelope.
3. He (be) __________ late, so he (take) __________
a taxi to the station.
4. Ana (not believe) _____________ my story.
5. Jack (tell) __________ me a funny joke yesterday.
6. _____ they ________ (win) the football match last
7. (be) _______ the weather bad yesterday?
8. We (stay) __________ at home and (watch)
__________ some videos.
9. I (not clean) __________ my bedroom, so my
mother (not be) __________ very happy.
10.(visit) ______ you _______ your best friend?
8.Complete the conversation with the PAST CONTINUOUS form.
Mother: What were you doing yesterday afternoon?
Sam and Jo: We (watch) ______________ TV.
Susan: I (read) __________.
Mother: _______ John _____________ (do) his
Susan: No, he __________. He (play) ______________
John: I _______________ (not play) computer games.
I _________________ (do) my homework. Susan,
what _______ you _______________ (read)?
Susan: A school book! I (study) __________________.
Mother: Be quiet! Don’t argue. And what ______ your
father ___________ (do)?
Susan: He ________________ (sleep)!
9.PAST SIMPLE or PAST CONTINUOUS. Choose the correct option.
1. They heard/were hearing strange noises while they
were walking past the old house.
2. I walked/was walking home when I saw a car
3. Kate was waiting for me when I arrived/was arriving
at the cinema.
4. While she cycled/was cycling to school, it started to
5. It was snowing when I got up/was getting up.
6. While I did/was doing my homework, the phone
7. We were running when Ben broke/was breaking his
8. He was falling/fell asleep while he was watching TV.
9. I didn’t listen/wasn’t listening when the teacher
gave us our homework.
10.It wasn’t snowing/didn’t snow when they left
10.Complete the questions with the PAST SIMPLE or CONTINUOUS.
1. What (you/do) __________________ last night? I
watched a video.
2. We went to Lisbon last month. Where (you/stay)
3. Why (they/wear) ________________________ those
clothes yesterday? They were going to a party.
4. (it/rain) ____________________ when you left the
cinema? Yes. We got very wet!
5. How (she/cut) ____________________ her finger?
She was peeling potatoes.
6. Why (the teacher/shout) _____________________
at James? Because he wasn’t listening to her.
7. What (you/do) ________________________ when
11.Complete the sentences about London and Madrid with the COMPARATIVE FORM of the adjectives.
1. London is (large) _____________ Madrid.
2. Madrid is (hot) _____________ London.
3. Heathrow Airport in London is (busy)
_____________ Madrid Airport.
4. London is (expensive) _____________Madrid.
5. Madrid is (high) _____________ London.
6. Madrid is (dry) _____________ London.
12.Complete these facts with the SUPERLATIVE FORM of these adjectives: BIG, HIGH, LONG, RICH, POPULAR, SMALL and HARD.
1. The Pacific is _____________ ocean in the world.
2. Everest is _____________ mountain in the world.
3. Bill Gates is _____________ man in the world.
4. Diamonds are _____________ substance in the
5. Pluto is _____________ planet in the Solar System.
6. The Nile is _____________ river in the world.
7. France is _____________ country in the world for
13.MUST. Choose the correct form.
1. I must/mustn’t remember to buy snacks for the
2. We haven’t got any food. We must/mustn’t go to
3. Hurry up! You must/mustn’t be late for the party.
4. You must/mustn’t have an invitation to go to the
5. You must/mustn’t play loud music after 11 pm.
6. It’s a fancy dress party. You must/mustn’t wear
7. It’s Jane’s birthday. You must/mustn’t bring her a
14.QUESTION WORDS. Choose the correct question word and write its translation.
Example: Where/How do you live? Dónde.
1. What/who is your name? Fran. _________
2. How much/How many is that CD? 14.99 €. _________
3. When/why are you leaving? Because it’s late.
4. Why/What are you drinking? Milk. _________
5. Whose/who watch is this? It’s mine. _________
6. How many/how old is your father? He’s 45.
15.Complete with AND, BUT, BECAUSE or SO.
1. I’m tired, _______ I’m going to bed now.
2. I like chips _______ I like pizzas.
3. I’m staying at home this evening _______ the
weather is terrible.
4. I’m good at Maths, _______ I’m terrible at Physics.
5. We were hungry, _______ we made some
6. He’s only four, _______ he’s very good at football.
7. I’m wearing a coat _______ it’s very cold.
16.LOVE / LIKE / ENJOY / HATE + Verb-ing. Complete the sentences with the verbs in –ing form.
buy / cycle / do / read / write / cook
1. I enjoy __________ in the countryside. I’ve got a
2. I love __________ detective stories. They’re really
3. I enjoy __________. I make dinner for the family at
4. I hate __________ the housework. It’s so boring.
5. I love __________ clothes. I spend all my money on
6. I don’t like __________ letters. I prefer using the
17.Complete the dialogue with WILL or GOING TO.
Paul: Hi, Kim. What are your plans for the weekend?
(you/do) Are you going to do anything nice?
Kim: Yes, I (visit) ________________ my uncle and
aunt. They’ve got a house by the sea in Wales.
Paul: (you/go) ________________ surfing?
Kim: Yes, and sailing!
Paul: Fantastic. How (you/get) ________________
Kim: I (drive) ________________.
Paul: What time (you/leave) ________________?
Kim: About nine o’clock.
Paul: It (take) ________________ ages to drive there.
Do you really want to spend all of Saturday in a car?
Kim: No, I don’t. You’re right. I (not drive)
________________. I (go) ________________ by train.
18.Complete Ruth’s sentences about the
arrangements for a party tomorrow. Use the PRESENT CONTINUOUS for future plans.
Pete and I (finish) ________________ school at 4
Pete (go) ________________to the supermarket at
half past four.
I (tidy) ________________ the house at five o’clock.
We (not make) ________________ sandwiches, we
(buy) ________________ some cakes.
I (have) ________________ a shower at half past six.
Our friends (not come) ________________ by car.
They (catch) ________________ the bus. So they
(arrive) ________________ at seven o’clock.
They (go) ________________ back home by bus,
19.Match sentences 1-6 with a-f to make conversations. Then complete the sentences (a-f) using WILL or GOING TO and the verbs in brackets.
1. Why are you switching on the television? 2. I’m terrible sorry. There isn’t any more children. 3. I’ve decided to decorate my bedroom this
4. Oh, no! I haven’t got enough money to pay for these drinks.
5. I’ve decided not to go to university after school. 6. I can’t tell you! I promised Kathy.
20.FIRST CONDITIONAL. Complete the sentences. 1. If the computer game (be) ________________ too
expensive, I (not buy) ________________ it. 2. If you (give) ________________ me 5€, I (go)
________________ to the shops for you.
3. We (make) ________________ dinner if you (do) ________________ the washing up.
4. Mum says that if I (not tidy) ________________ my bedroom, she (not lend) ________________ me the car.
5. They (miss) ________________ the film if they (not leave) ________________ now.
a) Oh, then I (have) ________________ the fish. b) Oh, go on! I (not tell) ________________ anyone. c) Don’t worry. I (lend) ________________ you some
d) I (watch) ______________ my favourite soap opera. e) What colour (you/paint) ________________ the
f) Really? What (you/do) ________________ instead?
21.Write FIRST CONDITIONAL sentences. If / it / stop / raining / we / climb / that / mountain.
If / John / score / a goal / they / win / the / match.
I / not / wait / for you / if / you / be / late.
If / Kate / not come / to the party / Mark / not be happy.
22.Match the IMPERATIVES (1-6) with the situations (a-f): 1: __ / 2: __ / 3: __ / 4: __ / 5: __ / 6: __
23.Complete the sentences with the IMPERATIVES:
Be quiet / Do / Don’t be / Take / Don’t watch
1. ______________ Tv. ___________ your homework.
2. ______________. I can’t hear the music.
3. ______________ late. The bus leaves at 8 o’clock.
4. ______________ your umbrella. It’s raining. 1. Don’t be late!
2. Be quiet!
3. Don’t play with the tiger!
4. Write to James. 5. Take your umbrella. 6. Wear your scarf.
a) He’s your penfriend. b) It’s raining.
c) The match is at 6.00 pm.
d) I can’t hear the Cd. e) It’s cold outside. f) It bites!
24.Complete the sentences with the PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE form.
1. Look! That man (steal) ______________ your bag!
2. The teacher is angry because they (not study)
______________ for their exam.
3. Pete (buy) ______________ four shirts from that
4. Dan (not tell) ______________ many people his
5. I’m hungry. I (not eat) ______________ anything
6. I (go) ______________ out every night this week!
7. You’re late! We (miss) ______________ the start
of the film.
25.Write the sentences with the PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE form of the verbs.
() Tom / tidy his bedroom.
() Sue / finish her homework.
(?) Sam / buy present for Dave.
() Tom / watch film.
() I / make dinner.
(?) He / score a goal.
26.Complete the sentences with the PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE form.
Arrive / buy / not do / eat / finish
go / invite / not score / see / tidy
1. Can I have a look at your magazine, please? Yes,
_______________ with it.
2. You’re so lazy! You _______________ any
housework today. Yes, I have. I _______________
3. Do you want to listen to my new Cd? That’s the
fourth Cd you _______________ this week.
4. I _______________ Paul to my party tonight. He
_______________. He’s in the kitchen.
5. Are you hungry? No, I _______________ two pizzas
and a hamburger this evening.
6. __________ you ____________ Nicola? Not for a
while. I think she _______________ out.
7. Why is the coach angry with the football team?
Because they _______________ any goals this